Thursday, March 24, 2011

Funny things kids say

Here are a few "classic" moments in our life from Everest's point of view....

On a warm Spring day, Nathan was cleaning out the garage. I was in the house doing some Spring cleaning, and Everest was outside playing. We told Everest we would play in a little bit, but he started to get bored. The neighbor kids were out playing across the street. Everest kept yelling "hellllloooo" to them. After a while of this, the little boy (about 2nd grade) yelled back "hello damn it." Everest ran into the garage and said to Nathan (who had heard the whole thing), I don't know why he said "hello Janet, I didn't even ask his name". Classic 4 year old.

When we play a game or get something new that has to be put together, Everest insists that we first read the "constructions".

When we told Everest we were having another baby, he was very excited. He told us he wanted two more babies. We told him this was the last baby we would have, that we would have 3 babies altogether. He has been telling people I am having 3 babies. We have gotten a lot of surprised looks.

Late in the summer, the boys and I biked to the local library. It is a block away from Nathan's building at Purdue. We decided to get some lunch and meet daddy outside to eat. There were a lot of college students hanging out, since the semester had just started. While I was getting Leaf out of the trailer, Everest said "Mama look, that boy's hair looks like a dragon!". As I turned around, sure enough there was a college student dressed in goth, with a long, blue mohawk. As he passed us, Everest turned and watched him, then he turned to me and said "Mama, can I get my hair like that?". He was in complete awe of this student. While Everest was saying this to me, the kid flipped off Everest. I was so mad, I almost went after him and said something. Here is a 3 year old, who thinks this is totally cool, but this kid took it the wrong way and flipped off a 3 year old. A 3 year old!!!! Who does that? I realize there are probably a lot of people who make comments about someone dressed like this, but if you can't handle the comments, DON'T dress like that!
When we met Nathan for lunch the first thing Everest told him about was this cool kid that looked like a dragon. After lunch Everest played on the lawn a little and I told Nathan what happened. I didn't realize how mad Nathan was, until the next day, when he said he saw a guy with a blue mohawk on campus and almost said something to him.

Everest likes to play with calculators. He pretends they are phones, computers, garage door openers, etc. He calls it his cockulator. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment