Friday, October 15, 2010

My mom's family

My Grandmother Camuso passed away September 23, 2010. We love and miss her so much. My grama was an amazing person. I do not have the time it would take or the writing ability to do her life justice. She had 14 children, 11 boys and 3 girls. The fact that she survived having 11 boys is amazing in itself. She and my grampa were very strong in their Catholic faith, and I am sure they are together now. I will tell you more about my grama in days to come.

 Uncle Tim, Chris and Aunt Mary

When my dad called to tell me grama had passed away, I started making arrangement to go to her funeral. I really wanted my family to be there to say goodbye to her and to see our extended family. Nathan and I ended up driving 10 hours Friday evening. We arrived at my grama house at 2:30am. My parents were there and heard us pull into the driveway (we had the truck, it is hard to miss the sound of our beloved truck). My parents were excited to see the kids and the kids were excited to see them. My aunt Raegan (who is only 5 years older than me) heard us come in too. She could not resist coming downstairs to see the boys and meet Aurora. No one went to bed until after 4am. Thankfully my parents got up with the kids and we slept until 10.
Throughout the day family arrived at my grama's. It was wonderful to see my family that I have not seen in so long. We are a very close family, we always have been. Most of my aunts and uncles live in PA, but as the cousin's have grown up, we have moved so we are spread all over. We still try to get the whole family together every 5 years. I look forward to that time.

Nathan, Uncle Joe and Uncle Paul hanging out.

Aunt Raegan, Teresa, Bailey, Aunt Megan with baby Aurora, and Paytan.

 The 3 girls: my mom (Sue), Mary and Pat.

We had a family viewing for my grama Saturday night. And 2 public viewing on Sunday. Nathan had to be back to work Monday morning, so we left PA at 7 on Sunday evening. I missed my grama funeral. I am very sad about that, but I am glad we went as a family and got to see everyone and say goodbye to my grama.
I took my camera, but only got a few shots an hour before we left.
We love and miss everyone. Hope to see you soon.

Hanging out at the fire pit. Everest spent most of his time here, chopping wood, unloading and loading wood, and moving wood.

Uncle Bill, Uncle Snare, Owen and Adam.

1 comment: