Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Painting a picture

Everest imagination into arts and crafts has sparked this year. Since he started Montessori, he wants to paint and draw more often. It might also be because I finally organized all our craft stuff. It is conveniently and easily (for a 4 year old) located in the dining room.

When I suggested painting the other day, he and Leaf were all for it.
This was Leaf's paper and paint tray. He has as much fun painting the paint tray and paintbrush as he does his picture. (We use lids of plastic containers for our paint trays, they work great and clean up easily.)
Everest enjoyed mixing all the colors. He painted the entire paper and it turned out beautiful. He was talking the whole time about what he was painting and how each part worked together, and what its purpose was. I think this was his rocket ship painting.(I know, shame on me, it was just a few days ago and I can't remember...how am I going to remember anything with 3????!!!!)
Leaf was so funny, Everest and I could not stop laughing at him. I had to shake the paint before we opened them. Leaf thought this was a great idea. He would pick up the paints and shake them, but he would make the funniest sound while he was shaking them. The more Everest and I laughed, the more he did it.
In between shaking (one gets tired from all that shaking and needs a break), he would stack and re-stack the paints. It was a lot cleaner than him painting!
Thank you again Aunt Teresa for the apron from Etsy. Leaf loves it, he carries it around and gives it to me to put on him. I need to make him another one. I put all of our aprons in the wash after painting. Leaf cried for 30 minutes. He kept pulling his out of the basket and trying to put it on.
This is Everest's train painting. Again, he told me about all the parts of the train he was painting. His love for learning and imagination are so fun to experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment