Thursday, April 22, 2010

This and That

I thought I would post about some of the things we have been doing lately. The weather has been wonderful here, but tomorrow the rain starts. I don't mind rain, but it seems like Indiana gets a lot of rain and cloudy days. The boys and I went to a local green house today. Everest helped pick out some flowers for a hanging basket. Leaf just kept picking up pots and putting them on our cart. The flowers we bought do not necessarily match in color, shape or style, but the boys had fun picking them. And isn't that what life is all about? I may not always match or sometimes have funny clips in my hair or a random assortment of things around my neck, but it is worth it to see them smile.

Leaf has had the pumpkin toy since Halloween. You blow through it and it makes a winding sound. He loves it.

Leaf and daddy on the alligator.
 Look at my big boy going down the slide!
Nathan built me a new laundry line!!!!! I love it. Before we had the line strung all over the back yard. Our yard is not that big, and it took up all the open space we had. It is now, nicely tucked in the back of our yard. I can't see all the beautiful landscaping at the edge of the yard when the laundry is up, but the kids have space to run. Now that it is moved, it also opened up space for Nathan to plant hops by the fence. He is very excited about growing hops for his beer. Hops are one of the most expensive things in brewing. To top it all off, Nathan and Everest have been teaming up and hanging laundry together! 
Leaf has learned to climb onto the horse by himself. He gets stuck sometimes and screams until someone rescues him. He loves riding the horse. Nathan and I both had ones as kids. I rode mine so much (and until I was too old to ride it), I broke the neck off the horse. I would ride so hard the head and tail would touch the ground. Hopefully the boys will not be that rough with it, I would love to pass this one on to their kids.
My little Leaf is going through a chubby phase. My kids seem to store up before a growth spurt. They remind me of puppies growing, when they are in the awkward stage and their feet are too big for their bodies.
Hope you are enjoying some sunshine in your area.

No comments:

Post a Comment