Thursday, December 2, 2010

On the second day of Christmas...

Well, I can't share with you today, because we are making a gift for Nonnie's birthday (December 7th). We will share after December 7th, if all goes well. 

I thought I would share a special holiday decoration with you. It is a plastic Alpine Village...I know a little cheesey. It was my Grama Hockman's. When she died we were all asked what we wanted of Grama's. This is what I picked. It is probably the cheapest thing she ever owned, but it reminds me so much of her house. I loved this little village as a kid. It had lights to go with it, one light goes in the back of each house. Grama would have some white material under the houses, all the other lights were covered by the material, so it looked like the "snow" was glowing. This is the first year I have had a place to display it. For next year, I want to get another set of lights and some white material for the snow, just like Grama. My Grama always had a Christmas party at her house. I loved going. I have not been able to go in many years. We live too far away. Now the Hockman Christmas Party is held mid December. Even when we do go to PA for Christmas, we are never able to make it that early in December. I want to wish my family a wonderful holiday season.





Miss you Grama, thanks for watching over me and my family.

No comments:

Post a Comment