Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Nathan's birthday gift

Every year I try to have Everest (and now Leaf too) make something for Nathan's birthday. This way he is directly involved in the gift and not just picking something out. We usually paint some type of picture. This year, I decided to make it a little more than just a picture. We sanded and painted a frame too. We have had so much fun making it. Everest loves to go to daddy's office and see his paintings on the wall.

Ready to work. My parents got the leaf apron for Leaf for Christmas and Teresa got the little apron for Leaf from Etsy. Isn't it adorable on him?
Nathan had found an old picture frame in his mom's attic over Christmas. He brought them home for us to use, so we did. The frame was shiny, gold with black specs. I wanted the boys to paint it and I wasn't sure if the paint would stick to the smooth surface. We decided to sand it first.

Leaf even got into the sanding.....as long as he can keep his fingers in his mouth, he is up for anything.

Starting to paint.
Leaf painted 90% of the time with his fingers in his mouth. At least this hand stayed clean of paint.

Everest wanted to make flowers for Nathan's birthday. We started with some tissue paper, scissors and pipe cleaners.
Assembling the flowers. He was very focused on this task. (He has been into wearing his Purdue hats lately.)
Proud of the flowers we made.Leaf drew while we were working on other things. I traced his hand print on the paper and then cut them out. I glued down the middle and ring finger (the sign for "I love you") and put a heart on the palm with "Leaf 2010". I also punched 2 holes in the palm and put a pipe cleaner through it.
Here are our flowers and painting for Nathan.

1 comment:

  1. It's so funny that my Leaf still does that finger sucking thing. I miss having a baby around. boo hoo! Happy birthday to you and Nathan. I am soooooooo bad about remembering birthdays. I wanted it to be a new years resolution to remember peoples birthdays ON the day, but I suck at it. Love you miss you..

    ReplyDelete