Saturday, March 27, 2010

Fountains in Charlotte

This was my first visit to Charlotte NC, even though I lived in NC for 5 years (many eons ago). If you have never been there, it is a beautiful city. They are doing a lot of construction, reconstruction and beautification. It was a great place for the family or alone. We found plenty to do with the kids and Nathan and I got to enjoy a little of the night life (thanks to Teresa-we love you).

We went to dinner at a place that had lights all around the building. When you touched them, they lit up and played different sounds or music. The boys had a great time exploring all the different sounds.

This was a raised seating area near a lot of food places. Everest thought it was great. He pretended it was his firetruck...surprise, surprise.

Everywhere we went there was art or fountains. Everest wanted to touch the water of every fountain we passed. I am sure if it would have been a little warmer, he would have "accidentally" gotten into each and every one of them.
Everest and Mama, enjoying a walk and the sites of Charlotte.
This one, he actually tried to lick while I was taking the picture. When he was younger, I would have freaked, but now...well I have 2 with another on the way. I have learned that nagging him about things isn't the way to go, dirty water might make him sick, but maybe he won't do it again. Then again, he is 4, it might take a few times to get it through his head.

He liked this fountain, he wanted to walk up it. The other side has holes where the water runs down the wall. A fountain that looks totally different from each side, how cool is that!
This fountain is in front of the NASCAR hall of fame. We stayed in a hotel right beside it. It is not open yet, but even to a non race fan, it looks cool. If it was open, we would have checked it out.
We have a lot more fountain pictures, and a lot of fountains we didn't photograph. There was so much to do, I would love to go again. But next time we are flying, I don't care if the tickets are triple what they usually are (just because of spring break). If you get a chance to visit Charlotte Let me know what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment