Friday, March 5, 2010

Getting ready for a party

Growing up, Nathan's mom would make him a cookie cake for his birthday. I have been trying to keep the tradition going. This year, both boys helped me make the cake. Leaf REALLY wanted to run the mixer, but in typical "Leaf fashion" the minute I touched the mixer he let go and screamed. (He is so determined, independent and stubborn, all qualities that will be wonderful in his life, but sometimes make me crazy!) I found that I could hold on to the underside of the back without him realizing this. He was so proud of himself. All Everest wanted to do was play in the flour.
Adding the chocolate chips, so much fun to stir them in!


We ran out of time to decorate the cake, but no one seemed to mind. We invited our neighbors over to celebrate with us. We had Nathan's favorite food, a Costa Rican meal (Gallo pinto, hearts of palm salad, and fried plantains).

Yeah daddy. Both boys helped him blow out the candles. As is typical these days, Everest did not want his picture taken.

No comments:

Post a Comment