Monday, May 17, 2010

A cape of his own...

After making capes for the last 6 months for varies children, I finally got around to making Leaf his very own cape. I have had the material for a while, but haven’t had the time to make it. From start to finish, it took me about 2 weeks, not because of the complexity, but because I typically only have 5 minutes here and there to work on it. I do not think Leaf minds at all. He seems to love his cape. He begs to wear it anytime he sees it. One day he had his apron on and then wanted his cape too.
This is the back of the cape. I love the material, it is just fun. It wasn’t wide enough so I had to piece it together. I lined the inside with a light yellow. It was my first attempt at piecing a cape together and double siding it. I also velcroed his tie in the front. It makes me  a little nervous to tie something around a toddlers neck. (not sure if the picture will turn out ok or not. I loaded it twice but the bottom half is blue on my screen, hope it is not on yours)
Leaf has been making all kinds of faces with his eyes. He seems to know he is cute and he will look up, slyly or even roll is eyes. He batts his eyes at us sometimes when he doesn’t want to do whatever we are asking him to do. Where does he get this stuff????
Playing with big brother. They love their Plan Toys garage.
Trying out the balance board with his cape, amybe it will help balance better. What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment