Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Playing in the dirt!

We had a little bit of a rough morning today. Not sure why, maybe it is the heat. It has been VERY warm in Indiana, especially when you are 6 1/2 month pregnant. I can't bring myself to turn on the air. I am not a fan of air conditioning for many reasons: it feels too cold for me no matter how low you set it, I hate walking outside after being in the air conditioning, and of course environmental and financial reasons.
Once things settled down a little, I worked in the garden and the boys...well they did too. They had a blast. Many people would freak out about the kids in the mud, especially when one of the kids sucks his fingers, no matter how muddy they are. Long ago, I gave up trying to keep Leaf's fingers clean. The boys played together and had fun, that is all that matters. 

The boys have their own dirt pile at the edge of my garden. Nathan had dug a hole to check the down spout, but the boys decided they had a better idea for the hole. They filled it with water and went fishing.
Leaf had a good time putting things underwater, then finding them. He giggled every time he found something.
Everest was digging to make a stronger damn so the water would stay in. He wanted to be like Leaf (no pants, but I persuaded him to go topless instead.
Can you tell who has had their fingers in their mouth? A dirty little boy only a mama (and daddy and a brother)  could love!

In the late afternoon, we headed out again. We ditched the clothes from earlier. It was so hot, I just let Leaf go natural. We have some really cute pictures of him, but none that are appropriate to post on the internet. He was just as dirty this afternoon as he was this morning. He and I took a shower before bed. Nathan and Everest opted for a bath. So both boys went to bed clean.

This evening, they filled their pool up with dirt. When they got out, they both looked like they had on mud socks. It was really funny, but the pictures we have, we can't share because of naked Leaf. What is with Everest? He went inside and put on a long sleeve shirt. It was in the upper 80's today with PLENTY of humidity. He loves his fire truck shirt (friends-Courtney, Nolan, and Meredith- thank you so much) got it for him at the beginning of school.
My parents will be here tomorrow!!!!!!! Can't wait. I am sure we will be playing in the mud some more, it is supposed to be hot all week.

3 comments:

  1. You absolutely should let your kids play in the mud. Miss you guys! Love the updates.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Fay, I am so bad about posting and especially leaving comments. Love all the pictures. Thanks for sharing with us. Looks like the boys had a blast!! Also love all the pictures from your photo shoot. So hard to choose my favorite!
    Courtney

    ReplyDelete
  3. OF COURSE you can't keep his fingers clean....that takes away all the flavor!! Miss you guys SO much...he's a dirty boy even Doug and Lisa would love too....:-)

    ReplyDelete