Friday, February 5, 2010

My little daredevil

Leaf seems to be...hmmm.. how should I put it...a little stubborn and independent. He is my little daredevil. When he gets something into his mind that he wants, there is no stopping him. Everest was in the tub the other day, Leaf wanted a toy that was in there. He reached to the point that he fell head first into the tub, fully clothed. He could have cared less that he fell in. He sat up and grabbed the toy and put his fingers in his mouth.
Here is his latest attempts at making my blood pressure skyrocket. He takes a kids chair (or really anything he can stand on-I have caught him standing on Kenyas' back to get onto the couch!) Pushes it to the big chair.....
climbs on the little chair and stands up.



Climbs over the little chair.....

onto the big chair.

And then sucks his fingers. Sometimes he climbs onto the table. He fell off the other side one day and landed on his head. Scared me to death. But as soon as he settled down, guess what he did? Climbed back up onto the chair.
Leaf at Grami's house. Trying desperately to climb onto the table. Unfortunately (for him), the chair was not cooperating and kept sliding back. What? I'm not doing anything.

Right before Everest's birthday party (in December), Leaf and I went to Lowes while Everest was at school. I got a piece of pvc pipe and put it in the cart. All Leaf wanted was the pipe. I let him have it, but he kept knocking things off the shelf with it, so I took it away. He squirmed and screamed and reached trying to get this pipe. At the check out the lady put it back into the basket way out of his reach. That little bugger reached and stretched so much, he flipped upside down in the cart, the seat part closed and he was left hanging upside down belted to the cart...STILL reaching for the pipe. He could have cared less that he was upside down, he was just mad that his efforts did not win his prize. It is a good thing I make sure he is belted very tightly in the carts.

1 comment:

  1. LOL! This is a great story. Isaac (our second-born too... coincidence?) is our little "can-do" man. It's a great personality trait, but it can drive a mama nuts! Good luck with it!

    ReplyDelete