Sunday, February 21, 2010

No Vacancy

Today was a monumental day in my life for two reasons; 1) I celebrated 37 years on this earth-I can not believe it has been 37 years-it really does go fast, and 2) it marks the last day of my first trimester. Yes, if you have not heard, the Mentzer family had a surprise before Christmas. We are due August 23. This presents 2 issues; 1) I am due at the end of summer...heat, humidity and the last trimester of pregnancy do not go well together-we will be spending the summer at the pool!, 2) the students begin classes that day. Everest was 6 days early, Leaf was born on his due date. We shall see how it goes and hope Nathan does not have to miss the first day with students.
To our surprise, Everest is very excited about having another sibling. (He actually wants 2 more, but we have assured him, this will not be possible.) Right now, he is hoping for a girl. He wants to name her after his friend Kathryn (she is in his preschool class). I am not sure, I am ready for a girl after having 2 boys, but the thought of 3 boys. I am not sure which will be worse. When the baby arrives it will be a wonderful blessing. For now, I am hoping the second trimester goes flying by. I have "ALL DAY" morning sickness with my pregnancies for the first 6 months. Not fun. I have tried everything from diet changes, to sea bands, to supplements, to acupuncture. I even got desperate and tried medication. So far, nothing has made much of a difference. Such is life, it will be over soon.
In September, look for a name change to our blog. It will no longer be A Mountain and a Tree (although we are keeping the same address). It will be A Mountain, a Tree, and...... well, we have no idea yet and will not know until the baby arrives. Sorry to disappoint many of you, but half the excitement is finding out when the baby is born. We will be happy with whatever we are given. We just hope for a healthy baby...and one that actually sleeps would be nice.
Thanks for checking in on us.

Ps. Thanks Carrie for the idea on No Vacancy. We loved it.

3 comments:

  1. Fay! That is awesome news. I had no idea but am excited for you. (Sorry you are sick tho!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations Fay! I am so excited for you guys. Everest and Leaf will be great big brothers. I had no idea you were pregnant again. I will give it to my Mom for keeping that one to herself :-) All our love to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. awesome! Congratulations! I hope your morning sickness goes away earlier this time..."morning" sickness is the pits! Can't wait to see pictures of him/her...you guys make such cute kids! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete